Another week gone, I cannot believe how fast this year is going (yes I know we are barely out of January, but it still seems to be flying by). This week has been relatively uneventful. The boyfriend and I have come down with colds, but that hasn't stopped us from enjoying some fun.
As always I am linking up with the lovely Lauren Elizabeth to treat you to some of my favorite things this week.
1. This weekend was different from my typical, I spent it having a brunch / housewarming / girls afternoon and it was fantastic. We all brought different dishes, I brought a delicious and easy Orange Cream Cheese Sticky Bun cake. The most amazing dish had to be this cheesy chorizo dip that I have to get the recipe of, I could eat it buy the gallon.
2. At some point this past weekend, we stopped for some late night snack and junk food at the best place in NJ to ward off a hangover. White Mana is a NJ institution and they make some of the best late night burgers ever. There is actually 2 White Mana/Manna's in NJ, both owned by different people, both claiming to be the original. I have yet to try the other White Manna, but definitely if you are around you should try it out.
3. There was a Goose Island takeover at my favorite craft beer bar this week and my boyfriend and I made a point to stop buy. They had both my favorite, Sofie and his favorite, the Bourbon County Stout on tap. We haven't been to our favorite craft beer bar much since we moved away, but it was great to have a chance to go back.
4. I got the prettiest new nail polish this week. It is always a treat to get a pretty new color. This picture honestly does not do L'oreal's Sexy in Sequins justice. It is one of those textured polishes that has a sandpaper look to it when it is dry, but it is honestly one of the most sparkly eggplant / gold polishes I have ever seen. If you are in the drugstore anytime soon, you have to check it out.
5. With both of us being sick, we have spent a lot of time on the couch streaming movies and TV shows. Lately we have been marathoning, Veronica Mars. I completely forgot how amazing that show is, and I even got my boyfriend addicted. With the trailer for the movie floating about, I am even more excited to go and see it when it comes out.
What were some of your favorite things that happened this week?