Music is a magical thing. It can alter moods and can recall memories.
I listen to music everyday, mostly when I am commuting to and from work. My boyfriend and I will also listen to music as we cook and clean around the apartment.
Recently I have have been loving a variety of songs and albums, I thought I would share them with you so you can enjoy them as well.
1. Katy Perry "Roar" - This upbeat song has been my go to song for the last week. It is a great morning song to get you motivated for the day, but I have also turned to it when I was having a bad day. It helped cheer me up and bring confidence to myself when I felt like I had lost it.
2. Sara Barielles "The Blessed Unrest" - I am a huge fan of Sara, her last album "Kaleidoscope Heart" is in my top 10 favorite albums ever. Her new album definitely does not disappoint. I could listen to her serenade me any day of the week. She has a good mix of upbeat and breakup songs on the album, there is a song to fit any mood. Some of my favorites are "Chasing the Sun", "Manhattan" and "December"
3. Taking Back Sunday "TAYF10" - This album just has good memories for me. "Tell All Your Friends" really shaped my teenage years. This year Taking Back Sunday re-released the abum rerecording the songs acoustically for the 10 year anniversary. It is great to hear the songs in a fresh new way. Plus there are little snippets from the live show it was recorded at, giving a little background into the songs.
4. Jay-Z "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" - Compared to the rest of the albums I have been listening to lately, this one might feel like the odd one out. Jay-Z is one of my favorite rappers and I feel like this album does not disappoint. This has been my boyfriend and I's go to album to listen to in the car. There are some of my favorite artists featured on this album such as Justin Timberlake, Rick Ross and The-Dream. A lot of the songs were produced by Timbaland and Pharrell, I always feel like they bring a fun lively twist to the songs they produce. Some of our favorite songs are "Holy Grail", "Somewhereinamerica" and "BBC"
5. Parachute "Overnight" - This album is melodic, poppy and I can't help but want to sing along. This is the kind of album that I love playing in the car because I am content just listening to it or singing along like it is a concert of Holly. Seeing them live might be my favorite way to enjoy their music. It's a weird way to explain it but their songs feel whole, like they aren't missing anything. It almost sounds like they have a full orchestra with them when they play. My favorite songs off the album are "Meant to Be" and "Drive You Home"
What have you been listening to and loving lately?