I don't like to consider myself a beauty blogger, I like many things, like cooking and fashion and decorating. Lately my blog has been quite beauty heavy, to tell you the truth, it's because I have been so busy that in my down time, when I should be organizing things for blogging, I have been being a bum on the couch.
That being said I felt like this tag would be perfect for me, because well I am a blogger, I like to blog about beauty and lately I have been procrastinating a lot (hence why my posts have been late everyday, ugh, life).
Anyways I heard about this tag from one of my favorite beauty bloggers / YouTubers Emily aka EmilyNoel83 aka Beauty Broadcast. She is absolutely adorable and give great and thorough reviews and tutorials. If you have never checked her out then you should. She did this cute tag on her blog at the end of September and I figured I would do it for you fine folks today.
1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do? I rarely, if ever, blow dry my hair. I just hate it, my hair is thick and long and blow drying my hair leaves it frizzy and big. Not only do I look like one of those before girls on the smoothing shampoo comercials, but it takes forever and I still have to go back and either flat iron it or curl it. To me it is a complete waste of time. I either let it air dry during the day, ir in the winter I wash it at night and let it dry overnight. Then in the morning I will tackle it with a flat iron, curling iron or even just leave it natural. Plus the less heat damage the better. (Don't even get me started on attempting to round brush it, just no).
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something that you do regularly? Not regularly enough. I will deep clean my brushes with soap and water about every 2 weeks, but I have so many brushes that I am not really using one that is that dirty every time I do my makeup, at most they get used 3 times before they get washed. I have been trying to be better at spot cleaning my brushes with a little rubbing alcohol and a tissue in between use to help combat germs, but even that I don't do enough. (Note to self: clean brushes more then you won't break out as much).
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish? Weeks, ok maybe 2 weeks at most. Normally I attempt for 1 week of wear (if I am lucky) and then it typically rolls into another week of chipped disaster. I am terrible, painting my nails takes 5 minutes, I could do it while watching TV, I just don't. Hence why I am a lazy procrastinator.
4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it? I don't really put off buying or replacing beauty products because I am always itching to buy something new to try out. I will admit there are a few beauty products that don't actually excite me and therefore I will run out of and not get anymore for a week or so. Lately I have been putting off replacing my body scrub and deep conditioner. Those are like extra products that I add into my routine for an extra oomph, when I have them I use them, when I don't have them I forget about them. As soon as my hair becomes straw (which might not take long) I will be running to the store to grab the thickest, most hydrating deep conditioner I can find, if I can manage to get my lazy butt off the couch.
5. What is your worst beauty habit? Hands down picking at my skin. Ugh, if I get a pimple I just want to pop it. It is so bad, it is terrible for you, it can lead to infection (yes I have had skin infections, surprisingly not from picking my acne, but I have been prone to get a few staph infections, weird, TMI, etc., sorry, which means I should know better) and it can lead to scarring, which no girl wants on their face. I have been attempting to make a conscious effort to stop. I have bought some great acne treatments that I have been testing out and I have been making an effort to minimize my KP (keritosis pilaris aka chicken skin on the back of your arms or on legs). Hopefully by clearing both issues up I will begin to stop picking, or looking to pick.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time? I put off putting away my laundry, It is sooo bad. I like doing laundry, I hate hanging it and putting it away in drawers. It mostly stems from I hate the current closet I have now, so I am working on re-configuring it so I am happier about using it.
7. When going out somewhere, do you put off getting ready to the last minute? No, especially if it is an event I have know about for a while, I will make sure I have nothing to do for at least 2 hours before I have to go. I hate being rushed when I get ready. I know it only takes me about 45 minutes to get ready, hair and all, but I like to not feel rushed and that I can take my time. When it is a last minute even that I have found out about or I am super busy, I have a quick makeup and hair routine that I stick to that helps me get out of the door quick.
8. Can you commit to spending bans? Yes and no. As we all know from my Spending Diet (here, here, here) that I stuck to my month long spending ban (which I am thinking of doing again, eek!), until like 2 days before when I bought stuff for the photo shoot I did with my friend for the blog. Fail.
9. How organized is your make-up and nail polish collections? Surprisingly that is the most organized things in my house. My nail polish is all on a rack (see above, its a pic from my old apt and from instagram, sorry) but I still have to hang up the rack. My make up is in little drawer containers, similar to this. One day I will show you my set up, but for now it shall remain one of the great mysteries of the universe.
I would love if you did this tag as well, If you do let me know in the comments below, I would love to check it out!