I love to watch monthly favorites videos on YouTube. I love knowing what people are loving for the moment. Some people only show new products that they have gotten for the month, others show a general overview of anything that they are loving. For myself I want to showcase the products I have been loving for the month, whether they are products that I got that month or old favorites that I rediscovered. I also feel like this is a great place to showcase any items I have tried and loved from my monthly subscription boxes.
1. Lush Ultra Bland Facial Cleanser - My face was freaking out and being ultra sensitive, so I decided to try some new face wash. I was suggested this by a lovely shop girl in Lush, and I am in love. My skin has been soft and not sensitive, it is great at removing making and cleaning your skin, so perfect for those lazy nights. It is a beeswax based cleanser that you apply to dry skin, massage in and remove with a damp washcloth. It leaves my skin supple and soft, it hasn't caused me to break out or make my skin sting. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.
2. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - While my skin was freaking out, I got some samples from Kiehl's. I had heard many good things about this product and I was hoping to try it out. After finishing a small sample of it (which lasted me 2 weeks) I knew I had to purchase it. All you do is pat about 4-5 drops of this oil into freshly cleaned skin at night. Sometimes I follow up with a moisturizer but most nights I don't. It is said to give your skin a smoother more radiant look by morning. I can absolutely attest to that. I wake up to skin that looks beautiful and radiant. I don't know if it's this product but the redness in my face has toned down a lot. PS. Don't be afraid of the high price tag, you only need 4-5 drops a night, this will last me forever.
3. BCBG Bon Genre Perfume - I think i have worn this perfume for almost everyday this month. I previously got a sample of it in both my Birchbox and my Glossybox. This fragrance is both spicy and feminine. It isn't overly floral or sweet. It is a good everyday perfume for me, for some people they may just prefer it at night, but I feel like this is light enough for daytime. When I run out of this small vial I will definitely be getting a bigger bottle.
4. NYX Blush in Mauve & Taupe - I love NYX blushes, they are pigmented but not overly pigmented where you can barely touch the brush to them. They apply and blend out like a dream, plus the $6 price tag can't be beat. Recently I have been grabbing for Mauve a lot, it is a nice dusty rose color that just brightens up your cheeks perfectly for the fall. I have also been loving using their blush in Taupe for contouring, it is the perfect shade (not too orange, not too brown, not to grey) for my pale skin. I have been applying it with a dense highlighting brush that came in a brush kit from Costco (I have been lusting over the NARS Ita Brush for contouring, but this will do for now).
5. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme - This is my favorite nude lipstick of the moment (check out more of my favorite nude lipsticks here). It is definitely a my lips but better color. The formulation is rich and creamy, it lasts for a fair amount of time and doesn't dry out my lips. I have 3 shades of the Color Statement Lipsticks, while I get the most use out of Nude Creme, they are still all my favorites and I definitely want to try more soon.
6. NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee - I am in love with this formula. It is a rich gel formula that leaves your lips super glossy but not at all sticky. Creme Brulee is a great nude cream color, that is slightly sheer, it looks great on it's own or layered over another nude lipstick. My favorite lip combo of the month has been the Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme layered with the NYX Gloss in Creme Brulee. These glosses come in a variety of flattering shades, nothing too crazy, I definitely want to get my hands on a few more of them since I love the formula so much.
These have been my favorites of the month, all newish products surprisingly. What have been your favorites this month, makeup or otherwise?