Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week! This week I finished up down the shore, caught up with some old friends and found a new TV show I am in love with. Here is the round up for this week.
1. Saturday was our last day down the shore (can you tell I'm from Jersey?). We spent the day on the beach relaxing and catching our last moments of sun, sand and surf. Afterwards we all went to the boardwalk and ate our fill of fried delicious summer food. We ate Crabfries (french fries with Old Bay and cheese sauce), pizza and funnel cake. I just gained 5lbs by thinking about it again, but seriously when in rome.
2. My boyfriend and I went over our friends Caitlin and Scott's place to catch up and relax. I haven't seen either of them in months and it was great to catch up. Caitlin is an amazing interior designer and she showed me what they did with their apartment, it is gorgeous. I seriously want her to come over and help me figure out what to do in our place.
3. My boyfriend got commissioned to create new unique cocktails for a local liquor distributor, so we spent a night this week creating some fun and different concoctions. I hope I can post for you guys soon!
4. Traveling to and from the city everyday can be daunting at times, but every now and again I run into people I know and it is great to catch up with them for a little bit. This week I ran into an old friend from high school and we spent our train trip catching up and telling stories about our lives. As much as I love the solitude of commuting, it's great to get a little social interaction from time to time.
5. I have been hooked on "The White Queen" I started reading the novel by Philippa Gregory while I was at the beach. I love it! It is an historical fiction written about Lady Elizabeth Grey during the War of the Roses. It is the first book of the series called The Cousin's War. All the characters really existed in history, but the dramatization is loosely based on what actually happened. On top of it, Starz just premiered their new TV based on the book called "The White Queen". I saw the first episode and I am definitely hooked.
What have been your favorite highlights of the week?