Since I haven't done a Lust List in a while I figured I would do one since the fall clothes are beginning to hit the stores.
There is an H&M right by my office so I am a frequenter of the store. Lately there have been some pieces that I have been eyeing that would help transition my wardrobe into fall.
1. A blazer is a great staple that should be in every girls wardrobe. The relaxed fit of this one is a great change from the structured blazers that are matched wit suits. I could see myself rocking this winter white blazer with some cute patterned pants or an adorable flowy (not a legit word, but let's pretend) dress.
2. I am such a sucker for over sized loose sweaters (or just sweaters in general). There are a variety of different styles that I have seen around H&M . They have been made in lighter cotton knits which you can easily help transition with those cool days into the frosty winter. I would wear this with jeans on a casual day or a cute pencil skirt to work.
3. I have been talking about wanting a structured handbag for a while now. This handbag is definitely in budget. I have also seen it in a beautiful emerald color in the store. A great structured bag in an unexpected color is definitely on my lust list for fall.
4. Floral pants have been all over the place this past spring and summer. I was a little hesitant to commit to them this summer because it is typically ridiculously hot and humid in the city. The fear of lack of wear prevented me from jumping on the trend for the hot summer days. But a pair of floral pants in a neutral color is a great transition from summer into fall, plus the neutral color means that you can wear them with practically any top. I would love to see if I could use these to experiment on mixing patterns.
5. This over sized flowing dress looks kind of like a shapeless blob, but it can easily be made more flattering with a great belt. I would love to wear this with a great pair of boots or booties. When it gets colder I would still rock it with a comfy cardigan and tights.
6. Speaking of boots (be still my heart), these suede brown boots look so comfy and inviting after a summer full of sandals. I am such a sucker for boots in the fall and winter, I will wear them with pretty much any and everything. The suede gives a nice texture to the boots and the heel height looks manageable for walking up and down the subway stairs.
What are some pieces that you would like to add to your wardrobe to help transition from summer to fall?