1. I went to visit my bestie in CT over this past weekend, with some old friends. It was great to hang out and laugh like we used to. We are all spread out over the try state area so we don't get together like we would like to. I wish we could get together like that more often.
2. While visiting the bestie we did a variety of fun fall activities, including apple picking on the most beautiful day ever. I cannot wait to make some goodies out of the apples we picked. I can't decide If I was to make a pie, a crumble, some apple butter or even apple chutney. I love the fall, I want everything to have apples in it.
3. We went to a local vineyard for a wine tasting. They make this amazing strawberry champagne that is made with strawberries that they grow on their farm. It is so delicious, I always try to buy a bottle while I am there. They also make a delicious black currant dessert wine that tastes phenomenal with cheesecake, they had sold out of it, which made me very sad. If you are ever wandering around south western Connecticut you should check out Jones Family Farm and Winery.
4. I got together with my old roommate and a group of friends to enjoy a girls night on Pier 13. We enjoyed good drinks and laughs while sitting on beach chairs over looking the Hudson River and NYC. It is definitely a great location to enjoy the nice warm weather we have been having this last week.
5. After hanging out on the pier, I trucked myself back into NYC to meet up with my boyfriend and some other friends for drinks. Along the way I wandered through an area of the West Village I hadn't been in a while. It was great to have a nice walk through an area the brought back a bunch of good memories. I love those walks through the city when all is quiet, it's like you have the city to yourself.
This week has been simultaneously busy and relaxing at the same time. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, to take a break from it all. What were some of your favorite highlights of the week?