1. This past weekend I made a delicious Pumpkin Cake for my boyfriends birthday (you can read about it here). The whole baking process I find to be very relaxing, but the eating process is the best! The cake came out moist and fluffy and flavorful, it was complimented with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
2. My boyfriend and I are trying to instill a lazy Sunday into our routine. All summer it was go go go, now that fall has come around we want to be able to take it easy sometimes. This Sunday we relaxed and got take out, we had the most delicious Indian food from Brick Lane Curry House for lunch, I ate so much I was practically useless for the rest of the day. It was well worth it.
3. For my upcoming birthday, my mom got me a gym membership. I broke my foot about 5 months ago and I have pretty much been down for the count since then. I am not allowed to do any impact exercises, so I have gotten back into swimming (growing up I was on a swim team). It has become a nice relaxing way to start my day. I love the calm silence of swimming, it's my version of meditation.
4. I started a new book this week from my Books to Read list and I am already sucked in. When I find a good book, all I want to do is read, which is really difficult when you have a full time job (oh yea and a blog and attempt to have a social life). So I have been relishing the time I spend commuting and using it to enjoy Reconstructing Amelia as much as possible. You can also follow me on Good Reads to keep up with what I am currently reading.
5. Last night my boyfriend and I got given tickets to the NJ Devils preseason game against the NY Islanders. The whole experience was awesome. We got club seats, so there was a ton of free food. We also sat 4 rows from the ice, it couldn't have been better. The game wasn't as good as it could be, but it is preseason. The bonus was that the fights were hilarious, there was possibly more fights then goals (it was like a 2 for 1 special, hockey game and boxing match).
This week has been jam packed, but it is starting to relax. I am hoping in the up coming weeks that we can have more lazy Sunday's. What are some of you favorite highlights from your week?