This week was, as always, full of food, family and friends. There was a wedding, a birthday, a going away and a just general hanging out. I have been enjoying the time we get to spend with family and friends, food brings us together.
1. This week started with a wedding. My boyfriend's family friend's got married. The wedding was beautiful, the food was fantastic and the wedding band had us dancing all night.
2. My boyfriend's sister went back to college on Sunday, but first we had a big family dinner out at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. I got Linguine with Clam Sauce, it was nice and light, which is great on a hot summer night. It was the first time for me to get Clam Sauce at this restaurant, it was good but it wasn't my favorite. Of course my dad's recipe tops all others.
3. Sunday I got to relax by the pool with my mom. It was great to lay there and catch up on some magazine reading, plus enjoy the last few days of summer.
4. My boyfriend and I got to go over our friends house for dinner on Tuesday. He made a delicious dish of chicken breast with asparagus and mushrooms, it doesn't hurt that he is a professional chef. I loved it so much I had seconds (which is rare for me).
5. This week my old roommate had her birthday. We celebrated with a nice dinner out in Hoboken. The food was delicious and it was great to catch up with her and other friends that I hadn't seen since I moved four months ago.