1. Last Friday my job (my paying job) did an event for us on a roof top bar. It was a beautiful day to relax, enjoy and eat food, plus not have to be obsessively checking emails. We all admitted we need to do things like this more often, but we doubt that would fly with corporate.
2. This weekend we got to go to a housewarming for some friends of ours. It was great to relax outside and chat with friends. I love to take advantage of being outside while the weather is nice and this was the perfect opportunity to. (If only my apartment had an outdoor space, I would be in heaven)
3. On Sunday I went to lunch with my mom to this little Ethiopian restaurant by us called Mesob. Not only was it great to be able to catch up with her but the food at the restaurant was delicious. I never had Ethiopian really before and it was a great experience. There are no utensils, you eat the food with this bread they call injera, which is like a sourdough flat bread. I would definitely go back for more.
4. As much as much as my boyfriend and I love to go out for dinner, we also love to cook at home. In the last few weeks we have had some great meals at home. I have shared the recipes with you have that we have eaten previously. This past week my boyfriend made a delicious batch of Sausage and Peppers which was great because we have had some chilly summer days lately. I will be posting the recipe next week.
5. While I was home at my parents house I gathered up some Black Eyed Susan's from my moms garden. They have been coloring up my dining room table for the last week and they are still going strong. I love the sunshine yellow color that they are, they are a perfect summer flower. I really should get fresh flowers more often, they really brighten up our apartment.