1. This past weekend we had dinner at this great place 17 Summer. The food was simple yet delicious, and I had this amazing dessert of sangria poached pear filled with pastry cream, which has now become my goal to recreate. The man who runs the restaurant also runs a catering business. The restaurant space is only open for private dining and catering, as far as I know. We got the pleasure of enjoying the place as part of restaurant week. I hope that I get to go back and enjoy it again soon.
2. As we do most weekends of football season, we have friends over. I enjoy having people over because I get to make all kinds of things I wouldn't normally cook. This week I prepared Apple Crisp (which I wrote about here) and homemade buffalo wings with blue cheese, which I definitely need to make again and share with you guys.
3. My go to lunch at work, when I forget to bring mine from home, most likely is sushi. I love sushi, this week I got it for the first time in a long time and it was delicious. I need to not wait so long to enjoy.
4. Zombies, zombies and more zombies. I finished reading World War Z (see my review here), I got caught up on The Walking Dead (new season just started) and I found out Plants vs. Zombies 2 exists. I am loving zombie mania, just in time for Halloween.
5. Dinner with my parents is becoming a frequent thing since I moved back closer to home. It's great to catch up and chat, we went from seeing each other everyday to seeing each other once a month. Now its becoming weekly, I go over for dinner and it is great to have a home cooked meal (where my boyfriend or I don't have to do the cooking). The conversation is good, but lets be real, I go for the food :-P.