1. This past weekend my best friend, J and her boyfriend came for a surprise visit. As I mentioned in my Mini MAC Haul, I don't get to see either of them very often and it was great for them to come by and visit. When they came we went out to lunch to a great Mexican restaurant, Tinga, I hadn't been there in ages and it was nice to go again. J's boyfriend got the biggest burrito I have ever seen. J and I were a little more normal with a small burrito and a buffalo chicken salad. I forgot how much I like their food, I will definitely be going back more often.
2. Whenever J and I get together, there is always some shopping involved. I had been avoiding shopping for a long time so it was great to go with another person who can help fuel my addiction and lead me to make, what I think, are great decisions that help our economy (hah). I got some great staples from MAC (seen here) and I got some great new fall shoes from DSW that will definitely be popping up around here soon.
3. I got to have a great vent and catch up session with a girl I used to intern with. It was great to talk and vent about life and work, with someone who understands. During this vent session we went to our favorite Midtown surf bar, Reunion, for their great fish tacos. It's a very fun, kitsch bar in a basement, they have great food and fun drinks, you feel like you are enjoying a tiki bar in a tropical island. It is a great place to go on a vacation from life.
4. I have had a lot of time to catch up on my reading this week. I finally finished World War Z (now I need to see the movie, yes I know that they are not similar at all). It was an okay book, I liked how it was set up with interviews with people all over the world recollecting the war, but I felt like there was a lot of pieces missing or things left unsaid.
5. Last night I met up with an old coworker and good friend to catch up on life. We had a great time and ate some amazing Italian food at Mercato, a tiny hole in the wall restaurant. She always finds great places that I wouldn't normally find, she also introduced me to Reunion. We had a couple of appetizers and finished off with a deliciously creamy lasagna and a unique garlicky pesto. I will definitely be back, dragging a variety of friends and my boyfriend in tow.