The summer has really begun to heat up in the city. After all the rain we had in June the heat and humidity has come full force since July started. Rain, heat and humidity all make my hair frizz and I have been working hard to combat that the best I can this summer. Besides the easy choice of wearing your hair in a bun all summer, here are a few products that will help you wear your hair down and frizz free on the most humid of days.
1. Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner - A lot of frizz can be a result of dry hair. Try using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair from drying out and to help repair any damage you have. The Matrix Total Results Sleek Lisse Shampoo & Conditioner is my favorite, I have repurchased this over and over again. The conditioner just makes my tangles fall right out.
2. Deep Conditioner - Once a week to every 2 weeks I try to do a deep conditioning mask on my hair from about the ears down. The Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque gets a lot of press for being an awesome deep conditioner and it definitely lives up to its hype. It can be a bit pricey but a little bit goes a long way.
3. Moroccan Oil - I love Moroccan Oil! This is another product that seems on the pricey, but you need so little that it lasts forever. I put about a dime sized amount on the ends of my damp hair to help seal in the moisture, it is also great to put a little bit on dry freshly styled hair to replace some of the moisture taken away from heat styling. It is great at defining curls and keeping straight styles smooth.
4. 3-Day Straight - I swear this product is made of voodoo magic. It does exactly what it claims it does and boy does it do that with insane abilities. I didn't want to believe that this product kept your hair straight for 3 days, but it is the truth. I have tried curling it a day or two after using it and the curls just fall out immediately. 3 day straight lasts until you wash your hair again. All you have to do is spray John Freida 3-Day Straight on damp hair then blow dry. Simple as that. I have even sprayed it on damp hair, waited for my hair to air dry and then flat ironed it the next day for the same results.
5. Hairspray - Now this is just obvious, if you want you hair style to stay use hairspray. If you want to protect your hair from frizzing, use frizz protect hairspray. Now this isn't a wonder product by any stretch of the imagination, but it can definitely keep your frizziness at bay or at least hold it off for a couple hours. One of my favorite drugstore hairsprays is Garnier Fructis Style Anti-Humidity Hairspray. You can definitely get more expensive hairsprays out there, but I have a tough time spending a lot of money on hairspray, because in the end it only seems to hold my style of 3/4 of the day. But it is better then not putting any in at all.
Are there any hair products that you swear by to help fight frizz?