I am constantly trying to look for the perfect mixture of skincare products for my combination / oily / acne prone skin. Here are some of my favorites I have used on and off for years a long with a couple new products that I have been really enjoying.
1. Face Wash - Michael Todd True Organics Honey & Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser. This face wash is gentle enough to not irritate my sensitive skin, but strong enough to remove any excess makeup I have left on my face after I use a makeup remover wipe. It also doesn't leave my face dry and tight feeling when I am done. Win-Win-Win.
2. Toner - Mario Badescu Gycolic Acid Toner. Considering I have sensitives skin, one would think that this would be too harsh. This alcohol free toner does not feel drying and the gycolic acid helps with mild exfoliation, which in turn can help fade old acne scars. I only use this once a day, but you can definitely use this twice a day if you are feeling sassy.
3. Moisturizer - Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer. I have been using this moisturizer on and off since high school. It is a great affordable option that makes it difficult for me to change. I follow up my cleansing and toning with a light moisturizer (If I ever feel at night that I need something heavier I use a little coconut oil). I like this one because I don't feel like it makes me more oily during the day, plus the added sun protection I don't need to worry if my foundation has SPF in it as well.
4. Serum - Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum. In my mind I am too young to be using really harsh anti-aging products, but I am definitely at the point where adding a little brightness doesn't hurt. I mix a couple drops of this in with my moisturizer at night to help with brightening my skin. It was hard for me to notice a change in my skin when I first used this, but at one point I stopped using it for a couple weeks and I found my skin looking dull and lifeless, so back in the routine it went.
5. Spot Treatments - Clean and Clear Persa-gel 10. I find that benzoyl peroxide based products work the best on my acne, and this is one I cannot live without. Every morning and evening I rub a pea sized amount of this on my acne prone areas (forehead and around the nose) to combat any current and developing acne. I find that this helps keep my tiny bumps at bay, If i have anything bigger I like to use the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion to help dry up the pimple over night and they look significantly better in the morning.
6. Eye Cream - Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream. I have been using this eye cream for years, every time I switch it up I am thoroughly disappointed and I always go back. I apply this light but strong hydrating eye cream twice a day. It creates a nice base for my concealer as well as keeps my eyes from looking too dry and puffy in the morning.
7. Face Mask - Michael Todd True Organics Kaolin Clay Mask . I must confess, I am addicted to face masks. I try to do one once a week to help dry out any pimples and remove some of the excess oil from my skin. At the moment this clay has been my favorite, it stings a little bit as it is drying, but once it is dry you can see where is removed all the toxins from your pores and it leaves me with great satisfaction.
I am always trying new things, but some products I keep going back to because they are tried and true. Do you stick to the same products over and over or do you like to switch it up? What are some of your favorite skin care basics?