Growing up drugstore makeup was not the quality that it is today, there was also very few budget beauty brands. These days the drugstore is chock full of great beauty buys and there are even some great budget beauty brands available outside the drugstore. I decided to comprise a list of 10 products I love under $10.
Narrowing down this list was insanely difficult, there are a lot of great budget beauty buys available. I had so many favorites that I decided to split this up and do 10 under $10 and at later date I want to do favorites under $5.
I tried to have a good variety of products, but unfortunately I still haven't managed to find favorites in some items (such as concealer, eye primer or setting powder).
**Side note: Not all drugstores are the same price, where I live drugstore prices are a lot higher then other places. I tried to maintain consistency in pricing by using Drugstore.com to find my prices, because it is available to people all over the USA. Also I was concerning myself with the full price being under $10. There are also great products regularly priced over $10 that frequently go on sale where you purchase them for a lot less, I decided not to include those items because if they aren't on sale then they are not within the $10 limit.**
1. CoverGirl Outlast Foundation - This has been my go to foundation of the summer. It is long wearing and full coverage (which are my typical requirements for a foundation) you can also sheer it out by mixing it with a moisturizer or applying it with a wet beauty blender sponge. It is a great foundation for the price.
2. Milani Baked Blush - I have been loving the color Corallina this summer, it is a bright coral blush with a hint of shimmer (not scary shimmer) that leaves you glowing all day long. I have also heard amazing things about the color Luminoso (it is said to be a dupe for Nars Orgasm).
3. CoverGirl Clump Crusher- I could go on and on about how much I love this mascara but I will save you the pain and suffering (I previously talked about it here). If you love full and defined lashes...GET IT!
4. Maybelline Define-A-Brow - This fine point, twist up pencil has been my go to eyebrow pencil for a while. I love the control you get from a pencil. The fine point helps you make short "hair-like" strokes which help your brows look more natural. The comb on the end is helpful for making unruly brows tame and a bonus is you don't need to sharpen it (which is great when you travel and forget your pencil sharpener...which I always do).
5. NYX Cream Blush - This is another product I have talked about my love for before (found here). It is a great cream blush, period. Natural is a great everyday color. **Tip: If you layer a cream blush under a powder blush you will get all day staying power.
6. Revlon Lip Butter - Smooth, creamy, hydrating, pigmented, I can go on and on. These are a great moisturizing lip stick / gloss combination that come in a wide variety of colors. I always have a few in my purse to use throughout the day. Some of my favorite shades are Crème Brulée, Berry Smoothie, Juicy Papaya, Sugar Plum, Raspberry Pie and Candy Apple (p.s. the names make me hungry).
7. Sleek Blush - Sleek is an affordable UK makeup brand (that luckily you can buy online and ship to the USA) that make AMAZING pigmented blushes. I only own 2 of the single blushes and I love them. I definitely want to get my hands on more. They also sell their fantastic blushes in palettes of 3 (although they aren't under $10 they are also equally as affordable).
8. Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids - These have been my go to bright lip this summer (as I wrote here). The pigmentation is amazing, the colors are bright and they aren't drying on the lips (big plus! no one wants dry crusty lips). If you want a fun bright color without paying a premium I would definitely look at this range. The colors I have been loving are Vibrant Mandarin and Vivid Rose.
9. RealTechniques Expert Face Brush - I had to include at least one brush into this list (how else are you going to put on all this fantastic makeup?). The RealTechniques brushes as a whole are awesome. I love their liner, blush and powder brush, but my favorite brush I grab for the most is the expert face brush. I love this brush for applying foundation, blending out concealer and even blending out cream blush. The dense brush helps for a flawless foundation application and the synthetic bristles prevent product waste since they don't absorb any excess product.
10. Maybelline Color Tattoo - This long-wearing cream eye-shadow makes a great base or even all over lid color. Even on my oily lids I don't have a problem with it creasing (if this is an issue for you, top your cream eye shadow with a powder eye shadow for long wearing results). I can't help but use one of these everyday in my makeup routine as a base, it keeps my eye shadow looking flawless all day. When I am in a rush these are quick and easy to apply and I don't have to worry about them creasing on me.
I could go on and on with great budget beauty buys. What are some of your favorite beauty / makeup products under $10?